- We start with a traditional farm reception: you will get to taste the Argentine “Mate”, hot chocolate and different local tea varieties.
- Then we invite you to experience one day in the Patagonian farms, participating in typical rural activities and learning about the history of the Argentinean south
- Sheep herding with kelpies dogs and horseback gauchos, live shearing demonstration in the old Shearing shed and other traditional gauchos’ skills are part of our proposal.
- Also, you will enjoy a nice guided walk to the shores of the Lago Argentino, learning about local florae and faunae and visiting the Natural Reservoir “Laguna de los Pajaros” where every year more than 40 different species of migrating birds arrive in the summer.
- By the end of the day, we will serve home made “empanadas” and the classic Patagonian Lamb, served with vegetables from our organic orchard.
Operating hours: the excursion is open daily. Pick Up from your hotel in El Calafate (if requested) starts at 4:00pm. Activities at the Estancia start at 5:00pm and end at around 9:30pm.